Last Updated on November 12, 2023 by Timothy Byron Smith
There is no doubt that Jura coffee machines are wonderful and reliable products. However, even the most rigorously thought-out designs can have flaws, which is why your Jura is probably troubling you a bit. But don’t worry, some Jura coffee machines common problems can be easily solved.
Here are all the common issues (and their solutions) that might arise for Jura coffee machine users. We are sure you’ll find the problem troubling you here too and you’ll be able to fix it in a jiffy!
Jura Coffee Machines Water Reservoir Issues
In this section, we’ll delve into common water tank errors and how to address them effectively.
1. Water Leaking from Water Tank
One of the most frustrating issues you might face with your Jura coffee machine is water leaking from the tank. This problem not only creates a mess but also affects the overall functionality of your machine. Let’s explore the causes and solutions for this issue.
- A cracked water reservoir.
- Defective O-rings.
- Damaged or leaking steam wand.
- Examine the water tank for visible signs of leakage.
- Fill the water tank with water and observe if it starts dripping or flowing from its surface.
- Clean any limescale buildup from the joint and pipes at the bottom of the machine.
- Disassemble the steam wand stopper and check for any components that might be leaking.
- Descaling the steam wand can often help resolve leakage issues.
- If possible, replace any damaged O-rings for a more secure seal.
2. Fill Water Tank Message
Another water-related error message you might encounter is the “Fill Water Tank” message. While this message is usually a prompt to add water, it can sometimes appear erroneously. Let’s understand why this happens and what you can do about it.
- The magnetic float inside the water tank may get stuck due to sediment buildup, preventing it from making proper contact with the internal water level sensor.
- In some newer Jura models, this error can occur due to a malfunction in the Water Level CPU.
- Unplug the power cord from the socket and securely plug it back in, ensuring it’s properly seated.
- On your Jura machine, press the filter option and switch from “yes” to “no.” This substitution should replace the filter option with a descaling one on the maintenance menu.
- Press the descaling option, and your machine should automatically initiate the descaling process.
If these steps don’t work, consider powering down your machine and restarting it after a brief interval. This often restores the descaling option on your machine.
3. Water Filter Not Tight
A loose water filter may not seem like a significant issue, but it can lead to problems in your Jura coffee machine’s water circuit. Understanding why this occurs and how to ensure a tight water filter is crucial.
- Air may enter the water circuit, potentially damaging components, especially the Water Pump.
- Inspect the Water Filter Bracket to ensure it’s not broken and can securely hold the water filter.
- Check the bottom of the water tank where the water filter is inserted for any signs of damage.
- If the water filter isn’t properly secured, take steps to tighten it, ensuring no air can enter the water circuit.
Coffee Dispensing Errors
In this section, we’ll delve into common coffee dispensing errors and provide insights into diagnosing and resolving them.
1. Coffee Dispensing Slowly
If your Jura coffee machine is dispensing your beloved brew at a snail’s pace, it can be quite frustrating. Slow coffee dispensing can have several underlying causes that need to be addressed.
- The grinder is set to grind coffee beans too finely, leading to blockages within the machine.
- Water hardness settings may not be optimized, affecting the flow of water through the coffee grounds.
- Adjust the grinder settings to a coarser grind. Ensure you vacuum out the grinder before making this adjustment.
- Manage the water hardness settings on your machine to ensure an optimal flow.
2. Coffee Dispensing Unevenly
Uneven coffee dispensing can ruin the perfection of your cup. When coffee pours inconsistently, it’s essential to understand the potential reasons behind this issue and how to rectify it.
- Partial clogging of coffee dispensing spouts can lead to uneven flow.
- Run a cleaning cycle to temporarily address the issue. However, manual cleaning of the spouts may be necessary for a more permanent solution.
3. Coffee Leaking Behind Spout
Finding coffee leaking behind the spout is not an ideal situation. Understanding why this happens and taking the right steps can help mitigate this problem.
- Incorrect water hardness settings can result in water bypassing the coffee grounds and leaking behind the spout.
- The water filter may not be properly installed or may require replacement.
- Check and adjust the water hardness settings on your machine to ensure proper water flow through the coffee grounds.
- Inspect the water filter’s installation and consider replacing it if it’s old or damaged.
Common Drip Tray Error Problem
In this section, we will explore some of the common error messages related to the drip tray and guide on resolving them.
1. Empty Tray
One of the frustrating messages you may encounter with your Jura coffee machine is the “Empty Tray” warning. This error message is your machine’s way of letting you know that it’s time to attend to the drip tray. But why does it appear, and how can you troubleshoot it?
- The drip tray has reached its maximum capacity, and the water level has risen to the point where it’s contacting internal metal contacts.
- Accumulated wet coffee grounds in the vicinity of the metal contacts can lead to a false reading.
- Before considering part replacement, try gently removing the metal contacts from the drip tray. Clean both the contacts and the drip tray where they connect with soap and water.
- Inspect the internal contacts within the machine, and clean them with a slightly moistened cotton swab using a mild cleaning agent for metal.
- If contacts are dulled or corroded, they may need replacement.
2. Tray Missing
Another error message you might encounter is “Tray Missing.” This message indicates that the machine doesn’t detect the presence of the drip tray. It’s essential to understand why this message occurs and how to troubleshoot it.
- The drip tray has not been inserted correctly or is not making proper contact with the machine’s sensors.
- Ensure that the drip tray is correctly placed within the machine, making secure contact with the sensors.
If the problem persists, inspect the machine’s sensors and ensure they are functioning correctly.
- In some cases, the machine may have a micro-switch activated by the drip tray or grounds container tray. If this lever is broken, jammed, or corroded, it can lead to the “Tray Missing” message. Replacement of the micro-switch may be necessary.
3. Drawer Missing
When your Jura coffee machine displays a “Drawer Missing” message, it signals an issue related to the coffee grounds drawer. Understanding the implications of this message and how to tackle it is crucial.
The machine doesn’t recognize the presence of the coffee grounds drawer, hindering the brewing process.
- First, ensure that the coffee grounds drawer is properly inserted.
- If the message persists, examine the coffee grounds drawer for any signs of damage, particularly on the rear tabs.
- In some cases, the tabs on the coffee grounds container tray may be broken, causing the machine to register an “Empty Grounds” message even when the container is empty. Replacement of the coffee grounds container tray may be required.
These insights into common drip tray error messages and their troubleshooting should help you address these issues effectively, ensuring your Jura coffee machine continues to brew your favorite beverages seamlessly.
Jura Coffee Machine Troubleshooting – Video Guide
1. How long do Jura coffee machines last?
Jura coffee machines are estimated to last between 6 to 9 years. For some users, the Jura machines have lasted way longer.
2. Is Jura reliable?
Jura prides itself in its outstanding reputation as a trusted and reliable coffee machine brand among coffee lovers. It manufactures excellent coffee machines that are a worthwhile and long-term investment.
3. Why are Jura coffee machines so expensive?
Jura coffee machines are designed and equipped with the best and latest technology for the optimal brewing of coffee. While the coffee machines are expensive they are worth every penny spent on them.
Final Word: Jura Coffee Machines Common Problems
It’s easy to lose our heads over the Jura coffee machines common problems. However, most of these issues are easily solvable and do not even require help from experts. You just need the right knowledge and the right hacks to solve any problem.
Our solutions are bound to save you repair costs and get you brewing a fantastic cup of coffee very soon! So, remember these quick fixes, the answers are all right here.