Imagine a bittersweet, creamy, caramelized beverage that’s steaming hot yet so irresistible that you might just burn the tip of your tongue trying to sip it. If you’re intrigued to find out what we’re talking about, you’re in for a surprise. The honey latte is what fits the former description and we’ve brought you an easy honey latte recipe.
As if a cup of latte wasn’t good enough, an add-on, honey, can give a flavorful combination to this espresso-based drink. With easily available ingredients, this beverage can be made instantly from the comfort of your home.
What is Honey Latte?
A honey latte typically is made of an espresso with steamed milk and honey added to it. Some people don’t use steamed milk, which is fine too. The honey can be added in a variety of forms, from organic to caramelized.
You can also add cinnamon powder or salt for an enhanced flavor.
How Does Honey Latte Taste?
For all the honey lovers out there, this is going to be a treat for you all. This latte has a prevalent honey flavor right from the word go. It’s when the sip settles in, you can also feel the creaminess and frothiness of the steamed, hot milk. This gives it a comforting and soothing overall flavor.
At Starbucks, the milk added is oat milk, which claimed by many, adds an extra touch of softness and creaminess to the drink.
Honey Latte Recipe: Let’s Make it Step-by-Step
As flavorful as it sounds, the honey latte is just as easy to prepare at home. We’ve taken the liberty to bring to you a super convenient recipe, so you don’t have to run to the store for any ingredients that aren’t already available at home.
- Instant coffee or espresso powder
- Milk (any of your choice, but we’re going with oat milk)
- Local organic honey
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Water (optional)
All you’re going to need is a milk frother and an espresso machine. However, if you’re going to brew coffee, you can also use your drip coffee machine.
- Prepare your espresso at home or dark roasted coffee.
- Heat your milk. Dip the frother into your milk and allow it to grow creamier.
- Whilst you froth the milk, add 2 tablespoons of honey into the milk. (If you want, instead of adding honey at the time of frothing, you can add a layer of honey into the serving mug)
- It’s time to pour your espresso into a serving mug.
- Add frothed milk into the mug.
- Now, add some frothed milk foam at the top.
- Finally, sprinkle some cinnamon powder for a finished look.
Special Honey Latte Recipe (Super Delicious)
This special honey latte recipe is simply delicious with the enhanced flavor of caramelized honey. Try this and tell us in the comments.
- Brew your coffee/espresso
- Now for caramelized honey, take a pan, add 1 tsp of water, lemon juice, and ½ cup of honey. Allow the mixture to simmer for some time until the mixture is reduced to a thick consistency.
- Add hot, frothy milk to your espresso.
- Finally, top the beverage with your caramelized honey.
Questions People Ask
How much Caffeine is in Honey Latte?
A 12 oz serving of honey latte contains approximately 75 to 80 milligrams of caffeine.
How many Calories are in Honey Latte?
A standard serving of honey latte possesses approximately 125 calories.
How long does Honey Latte Last?
With its creamy and milky consistency, the honey latte isn’t likely to last fresh for more than 10-12 hours.
How to order Honey Latte at Starbucks?
At Starbucks, you can order a Grande serving of the oat milk Honey Latte. The drink is made from blonde espresso and oat milk, which happens to be quite popular. To top it off, toasted honey is drizzled over the drink.
Honey Latte Recipe: Conclusion
Whether you’re at home alone or with your friends, one of these honey latte recipes is a must-try.
We recommend you replace your morning latte for the honey latte and experience a sweeter morning. For all those sweet teeth out there, we’re sure you are going to enjoy every sip of this steaming, divine beverage.
Honey Latte Recipe
- Espresso Machine
- Milk Frother
- Serving Mugs
- Espresso Powder (Can Also use Instant coffee)
- Milk (Oat milk is recommended)
- Organic Honey
- Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- Lemon Juice (Optional)
- Water (Optional)
- Firstly, brew your espresso shot using an espresso machine.
- Heat the milk and then use a milk frother to make it creamier.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to a serving mug.
- Pour your espresso shot into the mug.
- Now, it's time to add creamy milk.
- Finally, add frothed milk foam at the top and sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
- You can also pull an espresso shot with a Nespresso or a French Press.
- The caffeine content in a 12 oz cup of honey latte is between 75 and 80 mg.