Nespresso machines rank among the best that brew high quality and exceptional espresso. With a Nespresso machine at hand, your coffee craving tastebuds will always be in heaven. However, sometimes it can test your calm a little. Like, those moments you were wondering, ‘Why is my Nespresso blinking orange?’
If you don’t immediately understand a cause or find a solution, it can often panic you. However, we urge you to keep calm and not go crazy over this. Chances are your problem is completely fixable and you probably won’t need to throw away money for any fixes.
Types Of Orange Blinking in Nespresso That Require Fixing
There are a total of seven situations when your Nespresso Vertuo may flash its orange light.
- Nespresso two blinking orange lights: This happens when your machine requires cleaning.
- Blinks thrice every second: Your Nespresso needs to be descaled or emptied
- Orange Pulses (Fades off and on): It’s cooling down after a time of overheating
- Blinks twice for a second then stays off for long: There is an error in the machine.
- Orange light stays on for 1.5 seconds and turns off for 0.5: Your water tank is empty
- Blinks for five times in 10 seconds: It needs to be reset to the factory settings
- Blinks then turns white for 3 seconds: You need to urgently descale it.
How to fix Nespresso two blinking orange lights?
Nespresso two times orange blinking? Your Nespresso machine is asking for a clean-up! Here’s what you can do:
- Open the machine head and eject the capsule. Use a paper towel (dampened with hot water) to thoroughly clean the inside of the head and the area around the capsule place.
- Empty and clean the water tank and refill it with fresh water.
- Clean the drip tray and place a 14 ounces cup/mug on it under the spout.
- Empty and rinse the capsule container with cold water. Put it back in place.
- Close the machine head and lock it in position by turning the lever left.
- Push the button three times within two seconds to start the cleaning.
If this doesn’t help try holding the button down for seven seconds. Or descale. If there’s still an issue call customer support.
How to fix three times blinking?
If it is blinking thrice, your Nespresso needs to be descaled. What descaling does is that it removes any oil or mineral build-up that’s blocking the flow of your machine. You can use the descaling kit and you’ll require a descaling solution.
You’ll need to completely turn off the machine before descaling and fill the water tank with water and the descaling solution. Next, to enter the descaling mode press and hold the power button for three seconds. Flush the machine by brewing the largest quantity (of water and descaling solution).
When done, make sure you wash and refill the water tank before commencing proper coffee brewing!
How to fix pulsing orange light?
If the orange light is pulsing on the Nespresso it means your machine needs to be cooled down. This can be a result of overheating due to the rigorous use of the machine.
Press and hold the power button for three seconds to turn it off and then press it to turn it on again. After that, you need to wait at least 20 to 60 minutes to allow the machine to cool. If the light still pulses, press the button down for seven seconds this time.
How to fix blinking orange light for one second with a long pause after?
There can be three separate instances when this glitch occurs. Here is when you’ll probably come across this blinking and how you can fix it:
While preparing coffee: Make sure your capsule is undamaged and clicked into place firmly and correctly. Make sure that you have properly locked the machine. If it doesn’t help, try inserting a new capsule.
While descaling: Make sure that no capsules are inside the machine while descaling. If you’re good there, then press the power button for three seconds so the machine turns off. Turn it on again. If the light continues to flash, try unplugging the machine from the outlet and wait ten seconds before re-plugging it.
While you’re programming volume: When you are programming the water volume, make sure the pod is secured in place.
How to fix the orange light that is on for 1.5 seconds and off for 0.5 seconds?
This is the easiest problem to fix! This type of flashing basically means you have to refill your water tank. Do that and you’ll be good to go.
How to fix orange light that is blinking 5 times in 10 seconds?
This one too is super easy peazy! This kind of blinking orange light means you need a factory reset on your machine. It’s super easy to do!
All you need is to eject the capsule inside the head. Make sure you leave the head in unlocked position when you close it. Press the button five times within three seconds. When you see the light flashing five times in slow pauses, you’ll know the reset has been successfully done.
How to fix a blinking orange light that is followed by a linking white light?
This flashing is to alert you that your machine DEMANDS an immediate descaling. It’s not asking it for it, it’s demanding it! As soon as you’re done descaling the flashing will go away!
So, the next time you’re wondering ‘why is my Nespresso blinking orange?’ you’ll have a number of reasons and solutions for it! Our advice? Remember, the first step to solving any problem is to not panic. The second step? Refer to this guide!