Last Updated on February 11, 2023 by Timothy Byron Smith
Although coffee stains on car seats are annoying. Spilled coffee stains on cloth seats can be challenging to remove as these seats have woven fibers.
One of the best ways to remove coffee stains from a car seat is to dilute white vinegar in water and then gently rub it with a dry cloth. This might take 3 or 4 tries until the stain is completely removed. Note that Vinegar’s antibacterial properties help remove the stain and mixing it with water reduces its acidity making it mild enough for any fabric.
Here we will discuss how to remove coffee stains from car seats in detail including a hack that will help you eliminate old coffee stains from fabrics.
Read More: How to Clean a Nespresso Machine?
Get Rid of Old Coffee Stains from Car Seats
- You can utilize this technique to get rid of tougher coffee stains that are dried out for days. Such stains are difficult to remove and won’t be treated using simple dishwashing soap.
- Now take a spray bottle, fill it with tap water, and then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of white vinegar. Shake it and apply the mixture to the coffee stain.
- Take a clean cloth and gently rub it on the stain until it starts to fade.
- Lastly, you may have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times until the stain is completely gone from the seat. Use a clean cloth or hair dryer to dry the seat once you have successfully removed the coffee stain.
- When needed you can use a toothbrush to remove stains from hard-to-reach areas.
Remove Freshy Spilled Coffee Stains from Car Seats
It is recommended to clean a coffee stain immediately when it is still fresh as it is quite easy to eliminate rather than an old stubborn coffee stain that had been dried out for months.
- Use a clean cloth or towel to blot the coffee.
- When you have a source of water, wet a clean cloth and start dabbing the stain.
- Blot till the coffee stain fades off.
- When you get home, pour 4 to 5 drops of dish wash soap into warm water.
- Soak a cloth into the mixture and gently apply it to the coffee stain until it is completely removed.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dry the spilled area.
Cleaning Coffee Stains from Leather Seats
It takes a bit more effort to restore and clean leather compared to fabric. You have to be cautious not to ruin the leather with any hard cleaning agents (it is better to avoid vinegar while cleaning coffee stains from a leather car seat.)
- To remove stains from leather, wipe them with a moderate hand with a cloth dipped in the mixture of dish soap and cool water.
- Alternatively, it is best to use a dedicated leather cleaner if available.
- After stain removal, condition the surface with a leather conditioner. This is essential to avoid drying and flaking of leather that may be brought on by any cleaning agent or excessive rubbing.
May Also Like: How To Clean A Breville Espresso Machine
As this guide has shown you how to remove coffee stains from a car seat.
If you spill coffee on your car seat, it may be time to take it to the cleaners. However, there are a few DIY hacks out there for getting the stains out of the car’s seat.
Before the coffee spill ruins the seats permanently, you must quickly remove the excess spill with a cloth. Then make the regular cleaning process simplified by removing coffee stains from the seat ASAP with this guide.
Tim is the author and webmaster of this blog. He is a coffee aficionado who has always strived to succeed by simplifying the many facets of the coffee business into engaging and informative writing. In addition to helping readers discover their next brew, he intends to educate them about espresso and coffee.